Homemade Vegan Dog/ Cat Food

Hello Everyone! I was asking myself why do I always cook for myself? I have pets from before I went vegan. I love my pets to dea...

Hello Everyone!




I was asking myself why do I always cook for myself? I have pets from before I went vegan. I love my pets to death. I have to cats one of which I got from my friend because she had to give it away and to save it from the local animal house again I took it. We have a dog which we found left alone bound to a tree in the forest and we my sister and I have a wide history of rabbits and guinea pigs. I have heard and read some articles about turning your pets vegan as well. As I am not a fan of going against natures will I won't stop my pets eating their meat as cats and dogs are meat eaters. It is just that way but and here it comes. One of my cats is actually a vegan by choice! She does not touch any cat food except the try food. She doesn't eat any kind of meat, fish or whatever. The times she tried she purged it back up. And Of course then I support her in that. 
However now I decided to make dog/ cat food at home myself. And this is what came out. 
The recipe was priced as treats but literally I just give it to them like that and the dog and cats love it a lot. 

The ingredients: 



1/2 large carrot, peeled and diced
1/2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 500F
Mix carrots and sweet potatoes in small bowl with vegetable oil



Add brown sugar, whole wheat flour and mix until veggies are lightly coated
Spread out in one single layer on a lightly greased foil wrapped baking pan and sprinkle with cinnamon


Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy
Remove from oven and let cool for at least 1 hour


If you do have pets please try to make them for them. It cannot be bad if they have something unprocessed for a change. My pets all adore them an really cannot wait. The dogs piecing herself asking for some more and even if my cats barely show it, empty bowls reveal their secrets.

Until next time Lovelies.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images