Book Review: Bridget Jones Mad About A Boy

Hello Everyone!  In my holidays I had finally found some time to read again and I thought this would be a great idea to show and review...

Hello Everyone! 

In my holidays I had finally found some time to read again and I thought this would be a great idea to show and review the piece for you. 

I bought this book at the airport as well and I was thrilled because of the thought that this journey hasn't finished and the author somehow found a way to write a third piece of her story!
The latest and third book of Bridget Jones " Mad about The Boy" by Helen Fielding. 
The book was published in 2013 so I am a bit late to the party as always but better too late than never.



The book starts with a slightly older Bridget who finds herself widowed with two children. Fielding let the good- hearted and loving Mr. Darcy stay alive without having to tell the reading anything nasty so he remains as the perfect husband in our hearts. Anyway, we find Bridget alive and on her feet having everything a woman can ask for 5 years after Marc's death. 
The real story though begins one year before that, telling the reader how she managed to do so well and how she explored the new single life and discovered Twitter, lost her baby weight and got "control" over her alcohol units. 

I loved reading the book as it is funny as ever and is written out of a woman's mind the way women think in reality which is why we all love Bridget Jones in the first way. Because she represents all or most of our thoughts and shows them on bright daylight not hiding even the most embarrassing moments in her life even with her now 51 years of age.

Without saying anymore I recommend this book to everyone who has not read it, male or female, because men can maybe learn to get an idea of a woman's mind and female will feel understood and can put a smile on their faces because of those facts. 

I hope I didn't say too much, I found the book, as I said, really funny, well written and simply Bridget. I really enjoyed reading it and am very enthusiastic about it and could ramble on and on about it but I want to to have the same experience and laughs as I had! 

If you read it or are going to, let me know your thoughts. I would be very curious and happy about that. 

XXX C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images