Book Review "Not Quite An Angel" Lucinda Riley

Hello Everyone!  Today I want to introduce another book I actually finished reading and I want everyone out there to know about it. ...

Hello Everyone! 

Today I want to introduce another book I actually finished reading and I want everyone out there to know about it.


The book it written by Lucinda Riley who published the book a couple of years back under the name of Lucinda Edmonds. She is an Irish author who now has published a complete row of books, written in the same style. 

One the back of the book it says that on a cold december day a girl named Greta Marchmont comes back to Marchmont Hall after a really long time. I's almost Christmas and as Greta wanders around the big building, she tries to remember all the wonderful and precious time she has spend at this place.
Years before she lost all her memory after a big accident. She timbales across a grave as she walks along the forest. The grave itself tells her that this is the place where her son has found his place on earth. This experience gives Greta the needed push and she slowly remembers her past.

The Story starts after the First World War on London as Greta tries to pursue her dreams in becoming an actress. Through a couple of unfortunate happening, Greta stands in front of the ruins of her life and owes her friends David her life that even those ruins don't break down. But fate has some more challenges planned for Greta, as she gives birth to her daughter Cheska, a little girl in the body of an angel but with a dark side inside, which will be her downfall.

I do not quite now how to describe the book because it occupies my thoughts so much still. But it is a really thrilling, very dramatic but exciting and fascinating piece of writing. It takes place in two time levels: 1995 and splits first to a review of Gretas life from 1945, and the story of her daughter Cheska from 1956 and finishes with a link to Gretas granddaughter Ava from 1980 on. 

Lucinda Riley neatly understands to stave the reader off until several strings get untangle, without it getting boring. 

I recommend this book to everyone who is in the mood for some romantic dramas with a big secret at the end. The story itself is a bit idealistically written but it does not hinder the reading at all. I really enjoyed my time reading it and am really glad I bought the book! 

I hope you will also pick it up and that you will like it.

XXX C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images