Food Prep: Vegan Tea Time - Pumpkin Pie

Hello Everyone!  This is sadly the last post of my vegan FoodPrep series. i had a lot of fun trying different kind of recipes of certain...

Hello Everyone! 

This is sadly the last post of my vegan FoodPrep series. i had a lot of fun trying different kind of recipes of certain groups of food. As of fitting for november, and maybe some thanksgiving desserts, here is my pumpkin pie. (If you do not know what to do with the seeds, look at my Sundays post).
Lets start!


Here is the famous pumpkin. I've never bought or even tried anything with pumpkin. So it's a very first for me to cut, side, prepare, cook, bake with it. I don't know why but I never had the urge to eat pumpkin. Until now.


Ingredients
For the cake
  • 1 can pumpkin or 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
  • 2 very ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt


Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 150 degress C. 
  • In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times. 
  • Spoon the mixture into lined baking pan. 
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes. 
  • Let these cool completely. Since they are soft like pumpkin pie, I highly recommend putting these in the fridge after baking. It should firm them up more. 



For the whip topping 
  • 1 can full fat coconut milk
  • 2 T maple syrup

  • To make the whip topping, open up your can of coconut milk that has been in the fridge overnight. Scoop the fatty white part off and place in a mixing bowl with the vanilla and maple syrup. Use the whipping attachment and whip the coconut into a cream. Scoop . Enjoy! 


This is the finished product. I think it's very rich and sweet. The combination of coconut and the christmas seasoning go very well together. I personally can only eat a couple of bites because the natural sweetness of the ingredients are so filling and like I said the cake is very rich but an the same moment I do not want to stop eating the cake because it's like New Years in my mouth. All my taste buts are celebrating. I hope you will try this recipe. It's worth it, it's healthy and you will get rid of any sweet cravings. But you can eat it without any guilt because it's all natural fats and carbs which will only do the best for you and your body!

Keep these stored in the fridge.  I highly recommend making the whip topping right before eating for optimal results in taste and texture. Enjoy! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images