Food Prep: Vegan Breakfast - Granola Bars

Hello Everyone!  I decided to start a little series for my weekly cooking/ baking post. Which  is food preparation. It is a very time co...

Hello Everyone! 

I decided to start a little series for my weekly cooking/ baking post. Which  is food preparation. It is a very time consuming way during the week to not having to cook as much and save some much needed time. Starting with breakfast and mornings. This is when I need the most of time, I rather spend more minutes in bed enjoying my morning coffee than cutting my fruit and cooking oatmeal so having something that is already there and that I only need to take out of the fridge and in my back so I can rush out of the house is so helpful and stressless. 
Recipe of the week is a healthy, power oatmeal granola bar. 


This is really easy to make I was surprised myself. So quick and actually from scratch as well because as a raw vegan I had all those ingredients at home. But without further ado, let's get started! But before hand I got a version of this recipe here (but its not entirely vegan)


INGREDIENTS
Base:
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 4 tablespoons marple or agave sirup which is what I used
  • (1 tablespoon coconut oil) --> I didn't use that
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 bananas
  • (½ teaspoons vanilla)
  • I added some cranberries here as well 

Topping:
  • ½ cup old fashioned oats
  • ¼ cup slivered almonds or any other kind of nuts ( I had pine nuts and sunflower
  • ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
  • 1 cup fresh organic blueberries or any berries (I had a frozen berry mix)
  • ¼ cup of coconut-almond milk (or plain coconut or plain almond milk) or any other vegan milk 
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
INSTRUCTIONS
Base:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Line 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper, lightly grease with coconut oil
  3. Add all ingredients in to food processor until completely combined and wet, this may take several minutes.
  4. Pour into prepared pan and smooth out with off set spatula until evenly spread.
  5. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Topping:
  1. Combine ingredients in medium bowl and stir to combine.
  2. Removing pan from oven, spread topping evenly over and lightly press down into base.
  3. Bake an additional 15 minutes







 NOTES
You can store the bars in a refrigerator in a sealed container for one week, take one or two every day for breakfast and hop and skip out in the morning without cutting and cooking a bowl of fruity oatmeal because you already have a power breakfast to go! 



I hope you enjoyed the post and like the idea of prepping food. Next week will follow a food prep of Lunches, logically...

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images