Homemade Vegan Red Cabbage Recipe

Hello Everyone!  I got the best recipe for one of my favorite foods. Here is the original recipe  .  I am currently out looking ...

Hello Everyone! 



I got the best recipe for one of my favorite foods. Here is the original recipe . 
I am currently out looking for some christmas dinners to veganize and generally I am on a mission to make everything as organically and as freshly as possible. I am now starting with red cabbage as this is something that belongs on a christmas dinner plate.


  • 1 large red onion, quartered and sliced
  • half a head of raw red cabbage
  • 1 cup of water
  • 3 to 4 tablespoons vinegar, to taste
  • 3 tablespoons agave nectar
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
sauté the onion and sauté until golden.


Add the cabbage, water and vinegar. Cover and sauté until tender-crisp, about 15 minutes, lifting the lid to stir occasionally.


Stir in the maple syrup and sauté over very low heat, stirring occasionally, another 15- 20 minutes.



Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a serving container.


Nutrition information
Per serving: Calories: 78; Total fat: 2g;  Protein: 1g;  Carbs: 10g; Sodium: 8mg

I hope you liked it and maybe try it out for Thanksgiving or Christmas 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images