Vegan Applesauce Birthday Cake

Hello Everyone!  At first I wanted to post another recipe but decided this cake shouldn't go unnoticed so I pushed this one in-betwee...

Hello Everyone! 

At first I wanted to post another recipe but decided this cake shouldn't go unnoticed so I pushed this one in-between. It was my sisters birthday cake. Obviously I am not a baker but I love homemade stuff from scratch and so does she! My sister actually loves brownies or tripple chocolate cakes but as the cover is so sweet I wanted to have a natural sweetened cake and went with an applesauce cake with all organic sugars which was so delicious. She took it with her to school and as I picked her up in the afternoon the cake was gone. All her little friends loved it. In fact we all thought it was so great that I am making it this weekend again! 

 

I got the actual cake recipe from this site here.

Recipe: 

Ingredients 
  • 180 g soft vegan butter
  • 160 g brown sugar
  • 160 g white sugar
  • 3 vegan eggs 
  • 340 g apple sauce
  • 185 g vanilla soy yoghurt 
  • 340 g flour
  • 50 g almonds grounded
  • 2½ Tsp baking powder 
  • ¾ TL Natron
  • ¼ TL Salt
  • 1 TL cinnamon

Instructions
  1. 1 Mix butter with both of the sugars in a big bowl until creamy. Then add the eggs and mix well.
  2. 2 Add applesauce and yoghurt on after another and mix well 
  3. 3 Put on the oven and preheat to 180 degrees celcius and add some vegan butter or oil on your baking pan
  4. 4 in another bowl mix the remaining dry ingedrients (flour, grounded almonds, salt, cinnamon, natron and baking powered)
  5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter- egg- sugar mix and beat it well for 3 minutes until smooth.
  6. Put the mixture in the baking pan and shove it into the oven for 60 minutes. If a toothpick comes out blank it’s ready


I really hope you will try to make this delicious cake, it is so worth it, I promise. If you do comment and send me a photo! 
Until next time.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images