Meal Time! - Vegan Mashed Cauliflower Recipe

Hello Everyone!  Welcome to another What I ate as a vegan and as always I will show you all of what I enjoyed this day including a lit...

Hello Everyone! 

Welcome to another What I ate as a vegan and as always I will show you all of what I enjoyed this day including a little recipe. 
I wish you a good read and hope you will try and cook this recipe as well.


Breakfast





















This was my breakfast. A high calorie smoothie with my last watermelon of the year, unfortunately. I love watermelon, so hydrating and sweet but only not in summer. From now on they will rather taste watery. Anyways, I eye- measured this smoothie so if you want to try it, just use as much as you like from whatever. It's rather about the taste at this point, and what I used.
One chopped banana, half an avocado, 15 dates or so, a cup of soy yoghurt and some watermelon. Mix it up and it's ready in 10 seconds. Enjoy. This literally filled me up until dinner. It was creamy and sweet and sooo tasty! Anyone has to try, I am so amazed by it.


Now moving on to my Dinner. I swear it does look like very much work and a lot of stuff but really it is not. It's so simple and so quick. And let me tell you it tasted like cauliflower/ vegetable heaven! I loved it and this will me my go to meal for the holiday season when all the family comes together.


The Ingredients:

  • 1 medium sized head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
  • 1 tsp garlic and onion powder
  • 1 tsp oregano 
  • 1 Tbsp unsweetened (unflavored) almond or soy milk
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
  • 2 Tbsp Earth Balance (or other vegan butter)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • some leftover vegetables 
  • half a sweet potato
Step One


Chop your cauliflower into its florets and boil it for 10 minutes until really soft. While this is boiling around you clean the cauliflower mess and chuck half of the sweet potato in the oven at 170 degrees for about 30 minutes or fork soft.
After 10 minutes you take out your cauliflower and put it in the empty pout an now either use a food processor to mash it or stamp it. I stamped it and that wasn't not much of a workout as I thought. 

Step Two


When smashed (like a creamy consistency) I put in all the spices I mentioned above and that I really like and mix it well up again. Last but very important for a lovely taste: don't forget to put in the melted butter!

Step Three


Now all you need to do is to chop some of your favorite vegetables and make a lovely stir fry out of them.
After 30 minutes, take out your sweet potato and your meal is done! 

Finished Meal


This is my finished meal one a plate and let me tell you again, I enjoyed it a lot. You have to try this recipe as well, it was definitely worth a food orgasm.
By the way, I got the recipe from here

Have a lovely day! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images