Food Prep: Vegan Lunch - Homemade Vegetable Soup

Hello Everyone!  Welcome to part two of the series of prepping out food in order to save precious time. This week we want to prepar...

Hello Everyone! 



Welcome to part two of the series of prepping out food in order to save precious time. This week we want to prepare some soup as soup season has started. Now for this we make everything homemade. This means no sodium or added artificial bull. How cool is that? Actually it is rather healthy... 


Now get ready for the easiest and greatest soup you ever made yourself! 

Ingedience: 

For the broth: 

  • Root vegetables such as carrots, celeriac, turnip, parsley root OR
  • Leek plants such as leek and onion OR
  • Herbs such as parsley, celery cabbage or thyme
(The bundles vary in countries but I had the first variation) 

Instructions: 


Fill a pot with 2 litres of water and bring to a boil.
In the mean time cut you vegetables into pieces. (not too small though) 


Put the pieces of vegetables into the boiling water and let it boil on the highest function for 10 minutes.


After the 10 minutes let it boil on medium for another 55 minutes, stir once in a while and let be. 
(Note: I also decided to throw half an onion in there)


Now you can prepare you actual soup vegetable. I went for my favorite winter veg combination: Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and brussel sprouts. I bolt them for 5minutes and then took them out and set aside.



After having cooked you soup vegetable for 60-70 minutes I decided vegetables from water. 
Throw the soup veg in you compost because after having it cooked for over an hour it won't to us any good any longer. 
The broth it now ready, I seasoned it with some of my favored herbs like paprika and onion and a tiny bit of garlic and put my soup vegetable in there.



This is what the final product looks like. I have to say it looks really thin and I myself was so skeptical at this point and questioned myself because of course it looks greener and so different in every way from the artificial industrial broths you can buy. But then I had a taste and was amazed ! I tasted like those broths but naturally sweeter, no salty taste whatsoever and honestly so healthy!I was so happy with this end result.
I then put a portion in my soup pot (I love it, it looks so cute!) and stored the rest in the fridge in a container.


So I hope you liked my post and I really recommend making it. It was super easy to make and the taste is great. Also as we are in the soup season now, this is the perfect opportunity to be healthy and not to support the industry by poisoning us.

Until next time! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images