My Vegan Lasagna

Hello Everyone! I wanted to make a raw vegan lasagna for so long but never thought I'd be able to pull it off. Well now I have and it...

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to make a raw vegan lasagna for so long but never thought I'd be able to pull it off. Well now I have and it turned out amazingly! 
For this meal I used this recipe as it looked the most tempting to me and I also made my own ricotta with this recipe


The recipe itself is so simple and easy I was seriously surprised as a "real" lasagna I made a couple years back (when I wasn't vegan yet) took me 5 hours to make. This one was prepped in under an hour plus the baking time. 
Below I show you the steps/ instructions in pictures and the recipe is right down at the end.






Ingredients
  1. * 4-5 medium zucchini squash
  2. * 5 cups of pasta sauce
  3. * 1 lb frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  4. * 1 cup vegan mozzarella style shredded cheese (optional, or to taste)
  5. * 2 tbs oregano, divided
  6. * 1 recipe vegan ricotta (below)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine ricotta, spinach and 1 tbs oregano.
  3. Slice zucchini into vertical slices, 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
  4. Cover bottom of 9x13 with 1 1/4 cup of sauce.
  5. Layer slices of zucchini on top of sauce.
  6. Cover with half of the ricotta sauce.
  7. Repeat.
  8. Top with a layer of sauce, then zucchini and final layer of sauce.
  9. Sprinkle with mozzarella style cheese and 1 tbs of oregano.
  10. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving



Normally I would ask you to try but this time  I am demanding you should! It is such an amazing recipe. Fresh, filling, great in taste and so, so healthy for you! No regrets.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images