The Vegan Banana Bread - Gluten Free and Vegan (as the title already says)

Hello Everyone! ever since I went to Australia I have found the love of my life. Sadly I make it way too less. You could say we are sep...

Hello Everyone!

ever since I went to Australia I have found the love of my life. Sadly I make it way too less. You could say we are separated but rekindled our relationship just last week.
I am talking about Banana Bread.
Now lets get started on the recipe.


One of the most wonderful things in life is to smell a smell that brings back good memories. Banana bread does this to me. It makes me think about only the good times in Australia a couple of years back and last week I found myself needing some comfort. So I started to bake. But this time around there was a little challenge present - making it vegan.


So this is all we will be needing:
1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 ripe mashed bananas
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut milk (unsweetened) 
1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup marble syrup

Altogether this should make 12 slices.

Before getting started preheat your oven to 350 F or 175 C and prepare your 9*5 inch loaf pan by spaying some cooking spray on it.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, melted coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and walnuts. Stir for 1 minute, until well combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and store bread in ziploc bag or air-tight container.


Step 1
Shirft together all your dry ingredients except sugar and set aside. 
Mash your bananas and combine with the wet ingredients and sugar.

Step 2 
Now add the flour mixture in 2 to 3 portions and mix it well. You can also add some nuts, berries or chocolate now if your want. 
Next pour the butter in the loaf pan and put it in the oven for about 40.45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. 


Let it cool for 15 minutes.


Now eat! 
I like to put a bit of vegan butter on it and enjoy it by cutting it in as many little pieces as I can. 

I hope you will try baking this as well, if you do make sure to send me a photo ! :) 

XXX C

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images