#StudentHack - 2€ Vegan Dinner

Hello Everyone!  I found myself the other day with nothing left but a little bowl of veggies and a can of kidneys. Turned out that my sis...

Hello Everyone! 

I found myself the other day with nothing left but a little bowl of veggies and a can of kidneys. Turned out that my sister had a nice dig out in my veg shelf in the fridge and left me with barely nothing. "Alright", I thought, "I can make this a challenge!". What turned out was a Rice - Leftover- Veggie- Bowl. Nothing special but a filling, satisfying vegan meal that is also quick to make and cheap. Let's get to it.

Making the meal took me well used 10 minutes as all we have to do is to steam our veggies (what ever you have leftover or prefer!) and cook the rice.

The costs: 

rice: 0,45 € 
kidney beans: 0,45 € 
broccoli: at the moment 0,90€



When everything is prepared you simply chuck the beans in the rice, mix that up well and decorate or put the broccoli and mushrooms or you vegetables on top. Voilà there you have a cheap vegan meal for almost no effort. 


It is always amazing to find out that vegan meals are no expensive at all. Of course you can make it expensive by buying all of the substitutes and so on but the actually raw vegan lifestyle is very cheap and doesn't take too much money out of your pocket. This is something I have to remind myself too because it seems almost too easy some days to just buy a vegan pizza or some burger patties than stand, cut and cook for 20 minutes.


Hopefully I put another meal idea into your mind and you will try it out. I thought it was delicious as well as beneficial for my health and wallet and I'll see you next time!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images