Vegan Oreo Muffins

Hello Everyone! We are having a lot of baking sales in school and as a true blooded vegan I am only baking vegan things. It alw...

Hello Everyone!




We are having a lot of baking sales in school and as a true blooded vegan I am only baking vegan things. It always has the same effect, people seem suspicious and ask if they will grow greens if they spend their money on something vegan. In the end they always come back either buying seconds or telling me it was awesome. 
The last time I baked, I prepared Oreo Muffins and of course I am going to share the recipe with you in hope you will give it a try as well as they are worth it.



Ingredients for the Sponge:
  • 245ml soya milk
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 150g granulated sugar
  • 75g rapeseed oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp chocolate extract
  • 140g plain flour
  • 35g cocoa powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 10 oreo cookies – chopped coarsely
Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 180C and line a muffin pan with cases
  • Whisk together the soya milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle
  • Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract and chocolate extract to the soya milk mixture and beat until foamy
  • In a seperate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt
  • Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat until smooth
  • Stir in the crushed oreo biscuits
  • Pour into the liners filling three-quarters of the way
  • Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
  • Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely
 

My crushed oreos and lined muffin sheet before I turned the oven on. 

 

Measuring everything like a professional.


Left: This is about how you mixture should look like after you mix all your wet ingredients together.
Right: This is the outcome after mixing the flour well together and adding the cookies.


Left: just before they head in the oven 
Right: The "clean" toothpick after 20 minutes. They are ready now.


I let them cool down a couple of minutes before I took them out and....


.... took this photo. To make everyone looking at them hungry. :) 

This is what I ended up with again and I think it looks just beautiful. Very tasteful indeed and I couldn't resist and had one!

I also looked up a frosting recipe for you if you want to make cupcakes so there you go: 

FROSTING:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter, softened
  • 2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • Splash non-dairy milk

  1. Wipe clean your mixing bowl and add softened butter. Beat until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla and mix once more.
  2. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and continue mixing until thick and creamy. Drizzle in a little non-dairy milk to thin. You want this frosting to be very thick so it will hold its shape once on the cupcakes.
  3. Once cooled, frost cupcakes and top with sprinkles. Serve immediately. Store leftovers covered at room temperature or refrigerated.

I hope you liked it and that you will try it out. If you do so please send me photos as I am curious! 

Until next time! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images