Lentil Soup Recipe

Hello Everyone!  today I have a lovely little recipe for you. Lentil soup has always been my favorite since I was very little. The best ...

Hello Everyone! 

today I have a lovely little recipe for you. Lentil soup has always been my favorite since I was very little. The best one I ate was of course the one made by my lovely grandmother. Her kitchen has always been the best in my opinion. But I am sure everyone says that about grannies kitchen. However, my grandmother cooks with meat and therefore I haven't been eating any of her meals in years now. I have to say though that I miss it a lot and I crave a good lentil soup. I simply decided to come up with a recipe myself. I just got some tips from here and the ground rules for making a lentil soup and off I went. 


This is my end result and I am very much in love with it. I wasn't the only one, my mother and even my sister who always disguised lentils in general loved the soup as well. This is why I decided to share this recipe with you guys.


Here is all you need: 

Ingredients: 
160g lentils
some vegetables; I used potatoes, carrots, reddish, leek and fresh parsley
1 tsp coconut or olive oil 
1 medium onion
1 garlic
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
dash cumin
dash coriander
1 pinch -. 1/4 teaspoon curry (or cardamon, allspice, nutmeg, cayenne pepper or chili, grated and in equal parts)
salt


First you have to do is to wash your lentils by rinsing them (about 4 times) in the sink.
Then you simply prepare your vegetables by cutting them in little pieces.


Also cut onion and garlic and put them in a pot with a bit of coconut or olive oil and stew them until they are transparent. Then add the cumin, coriander and other herbs, stir the mix and take the pot off the heat mixing it another 30 seconds. Set aside.
Put the lentil in the same pot! Then add about 750 ml of water and add the ginger, NO SALT! Bring that to a boil and let it cook with the lid on for about 12 -15 minutes. After that 10 minutes add the potatoes, after 15 the rest of the vegetables and let that cook for another 5 minutes. 
Take the pot of the stove and mix/ fold in the onion, garlic, herbs mixture and add a little bit of salt now.
Beneath you can see each step in photos.
    

onion, garlic, herb mix and cooking lentils


Added vegetables


Finished soup in the pot with onion, garlic, herb mixture added.


And this already is it. It is really not hard or difficult as I always thought with a fabulous good tasting outcome! 
Please try the recipe and tell me what you thought in the comments. It was just amazing and I can just repeat myself in saying that I just loved it so much! 
Until next time! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images